Celtic League - Eire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First article for the Celtic Knot.

4 posters

Go down

First article for the Celtic Knot. Empty First article for the Celtic Knot.

Post  Anthony Colby Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 18:26

Here is the article that I wrote. I will post it so everyone can read it and we can make corrections where needed and make suggestions.

Article.

Hello fellow Celtic peoples. I am writing today in the first article of The Celtic Knot the newspaper of The Celtic League. This article will hopefully be translated into all the languages of the citizens in the regions of the Celtic League. We are all eCitizens of one eNation or another. We fight our wars and run our businesses under the flags of our eCountry of choice. In a game on a computer this should be enough but for some of us real life passions and ethnic feelings enter into the game and sometimes run contrary to eNational interests. What can be done about this? How can the game be played different? This is where the Celtic League comes in.

The Celtic League is an idea. It is a thought that this game that we all play can be played differently. Instead of eNations how about eCulture. The Celts are a people who live in most of the regions in Northwest Europe. They are to be found in many places and nations. Why can't these people join together, work together and live together. This is the Celtic League. The way eRepublik has been set up has left entire regions of eNations left out of the power structure and influence of the game. If your home region does not have a natural resource that is important to the game then in the minds of the power brokers in government your region is not important. No hospitals or businesses get built there and people move to the high resource regions that are protected. This leaves people, who are very proud of their culture, living in backwater regions that can not give them the opportunity to advance in the game. No hospital for healing after fighting means less experience points gained. No businesses means less business opportunity and more expensive food. Many eNations only care about these regions as a matter of pride and will only fight for them to save face.

I will not go into detail as this is an introduction to the League and anyone who wants to find out more can check out our forum. The idea is that all regions in the League will be autonomous states with a representative to the League who can represent their interests. The initial plan calls for the regions of Ireland as well as Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and South West England in the UK, Brittany and Pays de la Loire in France and Galacia in Spain to all be included in the League. Most of these regions have a strong sense of cultural identity and are very independent. We hope this identity can overcome eNational interest in some cases to bring these regions together. We all know that the way eRepublik is set up that the only way various regions can be joined politically is through military conquest. That is not the route the League would like to take. The idea is to foster economic opportunities with fellow Celtic citizens and help regions that eNations will not help. We want to help citizens advance in the game so that their voices are heard and not just ignored. Plans to grow businesses and support systems for new players are in the works. Cultural opportunities are also being planned. Competitions, games, lotteries and possibly sporting events are all being talked about to help unify the idea of the Celtic League. Who knows, maybe this idea will spark other such movements and competition can be between these groups as well as nations.

Now most of us know that the major theme in eRepublik is military. Most of the economies of the eWorld are driven by war. Most eCitizens thrive and advance through war and fighting. We in the League know this and are in the process of creating a militia for the Celtic League that can fight for the interests of League member regions. The militia will also be a major area for the growth of League citizens who would not get an opportunity to fight otherwise. The League will fight to protect its interests.

The Celtic League is still in its' infancy and is growing every day. This is just an introduction to get you all interested and I urge you all to check out our forum and get involved in something different. The only boundaries we have are the ones we think we have. We can do just about anything if we think we can.

I would like to thank don.squire for having the thought that created this wonderful idea. Without him we would not be here.

Thanks.
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby

Back to top Go down

First article for the Celtic Knot. Empty Re: First article for the Celtic Knot.

Post  Conor.Larkin Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 19:16

That's a great first article Anthony. Gets people interested and gives a good spin on the League

The only other thing I'd include would be another short paragraph to make sure we encourage everyone to join the forums (URL needed as well) and stress how every member will make a big difference in reaching our ultimate goal

Conor.Larkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigneur Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 3:23

Nice job Anthony ! cheers
I'd cut out "If your home region does not have a natural resource that is important to the game then in the minds of the power brokers in government your region is not important. No hospitals or businesses get built there and people move to the high resource regions that are protected. This leaves people, who are very proud of their culture, living in backwater regions that can not give them the opportunity to advance in the game. No hospital for healing after fighting means less experience points gained. No businesses means less business opportunity and more expensive food. Many eNations only care about these regions as a matter of pride and will only fight for them to save face.", because the shorter the best and we could explain later... And add the links to get involved and donate to the Celtic League. But this is only my humble opinion. Nevertheless it's a good article and I'm ready to translate your final version to french if needed. Wink
Saigneur
Saigneur

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigneur Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 5:07

In real life newspaper articles are made of :
1 - A picture illustrating the article. For this one it could be the flag we have chosen but that could also make those that don't like it not join... So a nice picture might be best (and in Erep you can even propose a link to a soundtrack such as this one).
2 - A title that draws attention. Here I thought of "The Celtic League : A new world power awakening."
3 - A brief text introducing the article and summarizing it. In this case like : "The Celtic League is born from an idea. And from the will of different people sharing a celtic heritage to join their strengths. Wills that governments of the world may soon have to take into consideration."
4 - Then a biger text telling all about it. One that can start over like "While still in it's infancy, it is growing every day..."
5 - A conclusion text. Wich could in this case mention The Celtic League's forum and how to donate to the cause.

Hoping that can help... Wink
Saigneur
Saigneur

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 16:38

Well I was hoping to get some help with the editing and such. I am not good at choosing the pictures that fit in the article to give it emphasis and I was thinking that the links could be added when don.squire publishes this on the League paper.

I like the soundtrack idea. It is the stuff like that that I need work on.
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 19:07

I welcome all opinions generally. I thought maybe a map to illustrate the scope of the League, where we are and what we hope for. Also maybe we could have a graphic at the beginning or end of each article that has the link to the forum.

Please make some edits if you feel it is needed and we can see each version and see which stands out from the crowd.

I see myself as the carpenter who built the frame and did the interior carpentry of the house. Now we need some interior decorators to really finish it off.
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor.Larkin Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 19:52

Good images if you type in "Celtic Nations" on google. This is the link to a good one I found:

http://www.cobhthaighceltique.com/images-cnt/Celtic%20Nations%20T-Shirt%20-%205.jpg

Conor.Larkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 12:39

Anthony Colby wrote:Here is the article that I wrote. I will post it so everyone can read it and we can make corrections where needed and make suggestions.

Article.

(soundtrack plays)

The Celtic League : A new world power awakening

Hello fellow Celtic peoples. I am writing today in the first article of The Celtic Knot the newspaper of The Celtic League. This article will hopefully be translated into all the languages of the citizens in the regions of the Celtic League. We are all eCitizens of one eNation or another. We fight our wars and run our businesses under the flags of our eCountry of choice. In a game on a computer this should be enough but for some of us real life passions and ethnic feelings enter into the game and sometimes run contrary to eNational interests. What can be done about this? How can the game be played differently? This is where the Celtic League comes in.

(add map or photo here)

The Celtic League is an idea. It is about playing this game otherwise. Instead of eNations how about eCulture? The Celts are a people who live in most of the regions in Northwest Europe. They are to be found in many places and nations. Why can't these people join together, work together and live together? This is the Celtic League. The way eRepublik has been set up has left entire regions of eNations left out of the power structure and influence of the game.

I will not go into detail as this is an introduction to the League and anyone who wants to find out more can check out our forum. The idea is that all regions in the League will be autonomous states with a representative to the League who can represent their interests. The initial plan calls for the regions of Ireland as well as Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and South West England in the UK, Brittany and Pays de la Loire in France and Galacia in Spain to all be included in the League. Most of these regions have a strong sense of cultural identity and are very independent. We hope this identity can overcome eNational interest in some cases to bring these regions together. We all know that the way eRepublik is set up, the only way various regions can be joined politically is through military conquest. That is not the route the League would like to take. The idea is to foster economic opportunities with fellow Celtic citizens and help regions that eNations will not help. We want to help citizens advance in the game so that their voices are heard and not just ignored. Plans to grow businesses and support systems for new players are in the works. Cultural opportunities are also being planned. Competitions, games, lotteries and possibly sporting events are all being talked about to help unify the idea of the Celtic League. Who knows, maybe this idea will spark other such movements and competition can be between these groups as well as nations.

Now most of us know that the major theme in eRepublik is military. Most of the economies of the eWorld are driven by war. Most eCitizens thrive and advance through war and fighting. We in the League know this and are in the process of creating a militia for the Celtic League that can fight for the interests of League member regions. The militia will also be a major area for the growth of League citizens who would not get an opportunity to fight otherwise. The League will fight to protect its interests.

The Celtic League is still in its' infancy and is growing every day. This is just an introduction to get you all interested and I urge you all to check out our forum and get involved in something different. The only boundaries we have are the ones we think we have. We can do just about anything if we think we can.

I would like to thank don.squire for having the thought that created this wonderful idea. Without him we would not be here.

If you would like to find out more about the Celtic League and what you can do to help in making this a reality check out our forum. (add link here ) Everyone who would like to contribute with either money ( click here to donate ), time or just support will always be welcome.

Thanks.
Anthony Colby

2nd edit. I did not put in pictures yet.

Last edited by Anthony Colby on Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 18:23; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : edits to text)
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigneur Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 13:06

Corrections needed :
At the end of the first paragraph "How can the game be played different?" Arrow "How can the game be played differently?"
Beginning of second one "It is a thought that this game that we all play can be played differently" (double with the above) Arrow "It is about playing this game otherwise"
Middle of third one "We all know that the way eRepublik is set up that the only way various regions can be joined politically is through military conquest." Arrow "We all know that the way eRepublik is set up, the only way various regions can be joined politically is through military conquest.

Maybe put question marks at the end of these sentences :
Top of second paragraph "Instead of eNations how about eCulture."
Middle of this same one "Why can't these people join together, work together and live together."

And maybe add "with" and "click here to donate" link in this sentence all the way down your article "Everyone who would like to contribute with either money (click here to donate), time or just support will always be welcome. (in recognition to people who have already made the effort of reading and scrolling down so far and for those not knowing how the game works.)
Saigneur
Saigneur

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 18:28

I edited the text. I do not know how to link the soundtrack ( I have never done that before ) Is it different than other links? Believe it or not The Last of the Mohicans soundtrack is one of my all time favorites. As far as I am concerned this is ready for translation. The sooner we get it posted the better. Thanks for all the help. Like I said before I see this as a group effort.
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigneur Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 1:34

No a link to a soundtrack is done the same way than any other link. The code of The Last of the Mohicans music I put above is (without the bracket at the end so that it doesn't get shortened into it's "translation") [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB6S3c7f8XA]this one[/url
I'll try to give you a french translation of this article today, even thought I have lots to do in real life...
Saigneur
Saigneur

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 5:39

Don't knock yourself out getting it done. RL stuff does come first.
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigneur Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 16:29

Saigneur wrote:La Ligue Celtique : une nouvelle puissance mondiale qui se réveille. (Add a soundtrack link here)

Chers amis celtes bonjour. J'écris aujourd'hui le premier article du Celtic Knot, le journal de La Ligue Celtique. Cet article devrait être traduit dans toutes les langues citoyennes des régions de La Ligue Celtique. Nous sommes tous eCitoyen d'une eNation ou d'une autre. Nous menons nos combats et nos affaires sous les couleurs de l'ePays de notre choix. Dans un jeu sur ordinateur cela devrait être suffisant mais pour certains d'entre nous les passions de la vraie vie et les sentiments ethniques entrent en jeu et parfois en conflit avec les intérêts eNationaux. Que pouvons nous y faire ? Comment jouer à ce jeu différemment ? C'est là où La Ligue Celtique intervient.

(Add a map or photo here)

La Ligue Celtique est née d'une idée. Jouer à ce jeu autrement. Au lieu des eNations pourquoi pas l'eCulture ? Les celtes sont un peuple vivant dans la plupart des régions du nord-ouest de l'Europe. On les trouve dans bien des endroits et nations. Pourquoi ne pourraient-ils pas se rencontrer, travailler et vivre ensemble ? C'est ça La Ligue Celtique. La façon dont eRepublik a été fait a mis des régions entières au ban des structures de pouvoir et d'influence du jeu.

Je n'entrerai pas dans les détails car ceci est une introduction à La Ligue et parce que ceux qui voudraient en savoir plus peuvent consulter notre forum. L'idée c'est que toutes les régions de La Ligue deviennent des états autonomes avec un représentant à La Ligue pour représenter ses intérêts. Le plan original appelle les régions d'Irlande ainsi que l'Irlande du Nord, l'Écosse, le Pays de Galles et l'Angleterre du Sud-Ouest au Royaume-Uni, la Bretagne et les Pays de la Loire en France et la Galicie en Espagne, à toutes faire partie de La Ligue. La plupart de ces régions possèdent une forte identité culturelle et sont très indépendantes. Nous espérons que cette identité puisse surmonter l'intérêt eNational dans certains cas et rapprocher ces régions. Nous savons tous que dans eRepublik la seule voie permettant de réunir politiquement différentes régions passe par la conquête militaire. Ça n'est pas la voie que La Ligue voudrait prendre. L'idée c'est de favoriser l'émergence d'opportunités économiques entre citoyens celtes et d'aider les régions négligées des eNations. Nous voulons aider les citoyens à progresser dans le jeu afin que leur voix soient entendues au lieu d'être ignorées. Des projets visant la mise en place d'entreprises et des systèmes de soutien aux nouveaux joueurs sont en cours. Des projets d'échanges culturels également. Compétitions, jeux, loteries ainsi qu'événements sportifs ont été évoqués dans le but de renforcer l'idée d'unité dans La Ligue Celtique. Qui sait, peut-être que cette idée suscitera d'autres mouvements de ce type ainsi que des compétitions entre ces groupes ou entre nations.

Maintenant la plupart d'entre nous savent que le thème dominant dans eRepublik est militaire. La plupart des économies de l'eMonde fonctionnent grâce à la guerre. La plupart des eCitoyens progressent et prospèrent à travers le combat et la guerre. À La Ligue nous savons cela, aussi sommes nous en train de créer une milice capable de se battre pour les intérêts des régions membres de La Ligue Celtique. Cette milice sera aussi un atout majeur pour le développement des citoyens de La Ligue qui n'obtiendraient pas l'opportunité de se battre autrement. La Ligue se battra pour protéger ses intérêts.

La Ligue celtique en est encore à ses débuts mais elle grandit chaque jour. Enfin, l'objectif de cette introduction n'étant que de susciter votre intérêt à tous, je termine en vous encourageant vivement à jeter un oeil sur notre forum et à vous investir dans quelque chose de différent. Les seules frontières que nous avons sont celles que nous nous fabriquons. Nous pouvons à peu près tout réussir pourvu que nous y croyons.

Je voudrais remercier don.squire pour avoir songé à cette merveilleuse idée. Sans lui nous ne serions pas là.

Si vous voulez en savoir plus sur La Ligue Celtique et comment vous pouvez participer sa réalisation, veuillez visiter notre forum. (Add the link to this forum here) Ceux qui voudraient y contribuer par un investissement d'argent (cliquez ici pour faire un don), de temps ou juste par des encouragements seront toujours les bienvenus.

Merci.
Anthony Colby

Last edited by Saigneur on Sat 12 Jun 2010 - 16:20; edited 13 times in total
Saigneur
Saigneur

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 19:27

Nice. I guess we need Spanish and Welsh now too don't we?
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigneur Sat 5 Jun 2010 - 1:08

I'm not sure we have a spanish translator yet but I think the idea is to translate it in Irish and Welsh too at the least. Anyway, I can make this french version better if I get more time...
Saigneur
Saigneur

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby Sat 5 Jun 2010 - 7:07

From my time in Bolivia I can probably get a Spanish translation no problem. Citizen Snap could translate into Irish.
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor.Larkin Sat 5 Jun 2010 - 8:45

Yep, translations into native languages are a must.

Question: Will the newspaper be moved and the translated articles release separtely in the respective country, or as one super-article with translations below?

Conor.Larkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby Sat 5 Jun 2010 - 10:30

Good point Connor. I guess that would be up to don since he is the papers editor and will be the one posting it. Whatever is easiest for him I would say.
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby Sat 5 Jun 2010 - 18:21

Spanish Translation.

(soundtrack plays)

La Liga Celta: El despertar de un nuevo poder mundial

Hola camaradas Celtas. Les escribo hoy en el primer artículo de "The Celtic Knot", el periodico de la liga Celta. Ojalá que este artículo sea traducido a todos los idiomas de los ciudadanos en las regiones de la liga Celta. Todos somos eciudadanos de una nación u otra. Peleamos nuestras guerras y manejamos nuestros negocios bajo las banderas de nuestro ePaís de elección.
En un juego computarizado esto debería ser suficiente, pero para algunos de nosotros las pasiones de la vida real y los sentimientos étnicos entran en el juego y algunas veces son contrarios a los intereses eNacionales. Qué se puede hacer al respecto? Cómo se puede jugar el juego de forma diferente? Aquí es donde entra en juego la Liga Celta.

(add map or photo here)

La Liga Celta es una idea. Se trata de jugar el juego de una manera diferente. En lugar de eNaciones que les parece eCultura? Los Celtas son personas que viven en la mayoría de las regiones al noroeste de Europa. Se los puede ubicar en muchos lugares y naciones. Por qué estas personas no pueden unirse, trabajar juntas y vivir juntas? ésta es la liga Celta. La manera en que eRepublik ha sido desarrollado ha dejado regiones enteras de eNaciones afuera de la estructura de poder e influencia del juego.

No voy a entrar en detalles, ya que esto es una introducción a la liga y cualquiera que desee averiguar más puede revisar nuestro foro. La idea es que todas las regiones en La Liga sean estados autónomos con un representante en La Liga para poder representar sus intereses. El plan inicial para todas las regiones de Irlanda así como Irlanda del Norte, Escocia, Wales, y el SurOeste de Inglaterra en el Reino Unido, Brittany y Pays de la Loire en Francia, y Galacia en España es que sean incluidas en La Liga.

La mayoría de éstas regiones tienen un fuerte sentido de la identidad cultural y son muy independientes. Esperamos que esta identidad pueda sobreponerse a los intereses eNacionales y en algunos casos unir estas regiones. Todos conocemos la forma en que eRepublik está desarrollado, la única manera en que varias regiones pueden unirse políticamente es através de conquistas militares. Este no es el camino que La Liga desea seguir. La idea es promover oportunidades economicas con los ciudadanos Celtas y ayudar a regiones que eNaciones no ayudarán. Queremos ayudar a progresar a los ciudadanos en el juego para que sus voces sean escuchadas y no simplemente ignoradas. Planes para crear negocios y sistemas de soporte para nuevos jugadores están siendo desarrollados. Oportunidades culturales también están siendo planeadas. Competencias, juegos, loterías y posiblemente juegos deportivos están siendo discutidos para ayudar a unificar la idea de la Liga Celta. Quién sabe, quizá ésta idea pueda iniciar tales movimientos y competencias entre grupos e incluso naciones.

Ahora, la mayoría de nosostros sabe que el tema más importante en eRepublik es el militar. La mayoría de las economías del eMundo son dirigidas por la guerra. La mayoría de los eciudadanos avanzan a través de la guerra y las peleas. Nosotros en la liga tenemos conocimiento de esto y estamos creando una milicia para la Liga Celta, que puede pelear por los intereses de los miembros de la liga. La milicia también será una gran área de crecimiento para los ciudadanos que de otra manera no podrían pelear. La liga peleará para proteger sus intereses.

La Liga Celta está aún en su estado inicial y está creciendo cada día. Esta es tan solo una introduccion para interesarlos a todos e incentivarlos a revisar nuestro foro e involucrarse en algo diferente. Las únicas fronteras que tenemos son las que pensamos que tenemos. Podemos hacer cualquier cosa si pensamos que podemos hacerla.

Quisiera agradecer a don.squire por tener el pensamiento que creó esta magnífica idea. Sin él, no estaríamos aquí.

Si quieres averiguar más acerca de La Liga Celta y lo que puedes hacer para ayudar a volverla una realidad, revisa nuestro foro. (add link here ). Todos los que deseen contribuir con dinero (click here to donate), tiempo o simplemente apoyo siempre serán bienvenidos.

Gracias.
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigneur Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 12:46

Ok, I reviewed and updated my translation of this first article on first page. It's ready to be published now. Wink
Saigneur
Saigneur

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 14:11

Well I think we could bet the three versions published as soon as we can and work on the others. We need to get as many people involved as we can.
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby

Back to top Go down

Post  don.squire Sat 12 Jun 2010 - 13:04

Sorry for the absence gents! I love the work that has been done and I will go ahead and publish the articles in English, French and Spanish. The Irish and Welsh translations we can wait on since English is out unifying language.

I also plan on posting articles in Brolliance nations of Canada, US, Australia and South Africa. I can't think of any other nations that would be interested in. Certainly Irish allies of Croatia and India would support our "unification" efforts. Anyone else?

I will release the article at 1300 eRep time tomorrow so any additions/translation would need to be done by then.

Thank you all, you have done good work and I reward you all with a Gold Star!

don.squire

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby Sat 12 Jun 2010 - 15:14

Thanks Don. Look forward to seeing the article.
Anthony Colby
Anthony Colby

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigneur Mon 14 Jun 2010 - 1:59

don.squire wrote:I will release the article at 1300 eRep time tomorrow so any additions/translation would need to be done by then. Thank you all, you have done good work and I reward you all with a Gold Star!

The Celtic League's newspaper hasn't released the article so far but, as I noticed this organization has only 0.01 gold, I wonder if you didn't forget to raise gold for advertisement ? rendeer
Saigneur
Saigneur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down