Your Mission

Go down

Your Mission

Post  don.squire on Tue 4 May 2010 - 23:12

Hello to the Warrior Proud and the Calculating General,

Our topic of interest is all things Military. War, Defense, Regiment structure, unit supply, etc. While our cunning diplomat brethren look for peaceful ways to unite 8-10 different regions in 3 separate countries we will examine how to use military force to take these regions and devise a plan to successfully keep them from being RW'd. We will also examine the logistics of a smaller, more specialized standing national army and the de-centralized, regional based Militias. The truth is, can this all work? that is what we are here to discuss. I have laid out some concepts that are, as far as I know, unique to eRep. If these are not viable we need to look for a similar solution.

There is much to cover but first...I want to know you thoughts, what you think about my ideas and what ideas you have of your own. Lets get to work, shall we?

don.squire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Mission

Post  Dan Murchadh on Wed 5 May 2010 - 2:23

In V1, there is no reality in keeping and holding regions by force for eternity. The only way to keep them for near-eternity is through maximizing the costs of a RW with population, and contributing to it was the Appropriate Q5 Defense system and hospital arrangements to keep those manning the region able to fight from that position in the country.

Admin saw the lackluster of this, so admin created national goals, to stem the tide before V2 came. National goals so far have no benefit in accomplishing, yet. But they would offer some sort of recognition beyond that. I believe that they will become applicable as a reward sooner or later.

InV2 also their will be other strategies. If the defender of a resistance war can hold down the fort effectively, who knows that could possible be apparent. The attacker has to gain the Capital with a percentage of the battle map, if troops use terrain well enough, it could be accomplished in some regions, as each region would have a battle map associated with it.

We must wait for V2 basically for a further assessment in my opinion.
Dan Murchadh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigneur on Wed 5 May 2010 - 15:12

Right but could we not exist as a fighting group deploying in battles around the world to start with ?
Saigneur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  don.squire on Wed 5 May 2010 - 15:47

Saigneur wrote:Right but could we not exist as a fighting group deploying in battles around the world to start with ?

It would be a good idea to incorporate those who wish to fight into the IDF. Make a special battalion for our friends from Brittany, help them rank up a bit?

don.squire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Murchadh on Thu 6 May 2010 - 12:10

Saigneur wrote:Right but could we not exist as a fighting group deploying in battles around the world to start with ?

don.squire wrote:
It would be a good idea to incorporate those who wish to fight into the IDF. Make a special battalion for our friends from Brittany, help them rank up a bit?

It wouldn't be hard to accomplish that. I have stated on various occasions that a Foreign Legion of the IDF is nonsensical. The creation of such a division is not unheard of and can be done.
Dan Murchadh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  don.squire on Thu 6 May 2010 - 13:36

Dan Murchadh wrote:

don.squire wrote:

It wouldn't be hard to accomplish that. I have stated on various occasions that a Foreign Legion of the IDF is nonsensical. The creation of such a division is not unheard of and can be done.

I will try to get Patton to push this through. Very easy to do, boost our IDF numbers while adding a very minimal expense.

don.squire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snap on Fri 7 May 2010 - 6:19

Easy to create and give a name, but supplies are the hard part. Would Patton be willing to extend supplies to members of this legion?, or would we need to act upon the suggestion of a commune as stated in the financial area?

Snap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  don.squire on Fri 7 May 2010 - 9:07

Snap wrote:Easy to create and give a name, but supplies are the hard part. Would Patton be willing to extend supplies to members of this legion?, or would we need to act upon the suggestion of a commune as stated in the financial area?

I don't have concrete numbers but right now we are talking about 10-20 citizens in total. I don't think that will change much as far as IDF supplies go in the short term. As the cause grows and new citizens are born we will need infrastructure. If we are to make the League a reality we need to work together as if we were already one. Adding an additional unit to the IDF will increase our damage as a whole and help everyone gain more experience.

Once we get some fund raising going we can get Food and Weapons companies set up to supply the Breton forces.

don.squire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Octaviusdryst on Fri 7 May 2010 - 15:27

I think dan makes a good point about the coming switch to V2. A lot of our strategy needs to be based on what will be, rather than what is.
I think it is safe to assume that the changes will benefit moderately sized well organized groups. Certainly a group of dedicated individuals can utilize a more successful battle plan than hordes of two clickers, or 7 clickers as would be the case. If we can fit this niche then we should, and do our best to exploit it.

Octaviusdryst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Murchadh on Fri 7 May 2010 - 22:12

I would like to add, Commune Systems deflate a countries currency. You cannot contribute to a Countries GDP with the current Commune System. You need to provide Liquidity in a Market, and a run away Commune system is disastrous to a Country.
Dan Murchadh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddog Jones on Fri 28 May 2010 - 12:39

I would just like to add that we would be better off creating our own weapons companies and working in them to create weapons to fight with - Wales and Scotland and are two of the biggest Celtic nations - and part of the UK, and unless we are willing to destroy their reputation in the UK (where we are forced to hold citizenship), we cannot fight in the Irish military for EDEN.
Any military force would have to be independent for it to be equal to all the Celtic nations - remember Brittany, Wales, Scotland, Cornwall - all PHOENIX.

Maddog Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigneur on Fri 28 May 2010 - 14:22

Maddog Jones wrote:...and unless we are willing to destroy their reputation in the UK (where we are forced to hold citizenship), we cannot fight in the Irish military for EDEN.
Any military force would have to be independent for it to be equal to all the Celtic nations - remember Brittany, Wales, Scotland, Cornwall - all PHOENIX.
Ireland is not officially a member of EDEN even though, like the french "neutrality" is really working for Phoenix, I agree it works with EDEN. And I agree we would need a true neutrality. But let the military and political experts tell us if that's really viable...
Saigneur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddog Jones on Sat 29 May 2010 - 3:02

Ireland is not neutral, it is in the Brolliance, which fights on
the side of EDEN.
I know a lot about the military - I've been a military commander in two countries, and an MoD in one.

We can achieve neutrality, fighting for our respective countries but fighting for the Celtic League when an issue comes up.
We could possibly edit the military avatars of each of our countries - my eUK one, for example, to have the colour schemes of the Celtic League.

Maddog Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby on Sat 29 May 2010 - 6:00

I would not want anyone to fight against their nations interest if they did not want to. The League military should be neutral but no one should be forced to choose between a national military oath and one to the League. That is not fair. Eventually the League may be preeminent in military and political arenas so it may become moot but not at this time.

Anthony Colby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  don.squire on Sat 29 May 2010 - 8:27

I agree with both Colby and Maddog. There is no need to worry about joint military operations atm.

I do however want to set us on a course to increase our combined military strength. Every soldier should level up as quickly as possible. Weapon companies would be effective but expensive and due to national weapons distribution, may not be entirely necessary atm.

All soldiers need to take advantage of deployments and weapons distribution. We also need to encourage members to become active military commander. The experience and knowledge will be vital in the future.

don.squire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor.Larkin on Sat 29 May 2010 - 11:33

The IDF would welcome any additional members, even if we were all placed in a "Celtic League" division. We need to also remember that we're wanting to center this region in Ireland, as in the long-term goal of incorporating Wales, Scotland, Cornwall, and Brittany into the official Irish nation. Therefore, working ourselves into the IDF is the best option. I don't really know the citizenship policy of the IDF, but I doubt eUK citizenship holders would be able to join, because of recent events between our countries, but I think we'd be receipting to French citizenship holding people.

So basically, I think we fold our numbers into the IDF whenever possible. Others may have to work in a commune system to provide weapons. We'll need to keep discussing this.

Conor.Larkin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigneur on Thu 10 Jun 2010 - 14:45

This last Erepublik Insider about migrations says that we have one week before the start of the public beta phase of V2. That means than in one week, we'll be able to play both V1 and V2. Playing V2 will just be to get the hang of it though, no gain will stay at the official launch of V2 for wich they don't give a date... Anyway, are we going to put up a Celtic League fighting and military study team in one week ? If yes, I want to be part of it. drunken
Saigneur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Colby on Thu 10 Jun 2010 - 17:51

It would be a good idea to have some people participate. I am signed up.

Anthony Colby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down